Good morning from Waxwing
Delighted to say that Waxwing is nearly ready to go to sea again.
After spending the last week talking with family, friends, fellow sailors and sponsors I have decided to sail back to Ireland and start again next year. This was not an easy decision to make but safety comes first.
It’s getting to late this year and I can start again fresh next year from Ireland 🇮🇪.
My plan is to sail to Madeira and wait for a good weather window, then sail to Portugal. I will possibly leave Waxwing there until spring and fly home, then sail back to kilrush marina in Ireland next spring to start preparing for my journey again.
It was a huge decision but honestly I’m glad I have decided one way or the other. The advice, help and support from all over the world is fantastic and really helped me make this difficult decision.
I can’t wait to get back out to sea and start sailing again and hope you will all remain on this journey with me.😊⛵️